Telstra Business Centre Cairns Bluewater Billfish Tournament Day 1
After less than a stellar start to the NQ light tackle season and the little fish hard to find, its good to see that the fishing has stepped up a notch for the start of the Cairns Bluewater Billfish Tournament yesterday. Though not red hot, there were plenty of fish to be caught (plenty missed) and I counted a total of 22 tags for the day (unofficial result) from the 45 boats fishing.
Day 2 and less favourable weather today.
Photo top a shot of C Girl hooked up and fighting.
There are still boats with dates for the season some coming open due to cancellation. I will be running those dates here over coming week and adding to the already listed below:
- Lizard Island Tournament (30th Anniversary) 8-16 October
- 7 – 11 & 12 – 15 November – Cairns
- 26 – 30 November – Fraser/Lady Musgrave
- 1 – 4 December – Fraser/Lady Musgrave
- 6 – 9 December – Fraser/Lady Musgrave
- 16th – 20th September – Port Douglas (up to 5 days)
- 25th Nov – 1st December (up to 7 days) – With the option of upgrading to mother-shipping with Beluga (Port Douglas/Cairns)
- 12th – 23rd September – Port Douglas/Cairns (up to 7 days)
- 17th – 27th November – Cooktown/Port Douglas (Up to 7 days) – With the option of upgrading to mother-shipping with Beluga (Port Douglas/Cairns)
- 15-21 September – Cairns
- 18-20 November – Cairns (3 days )
- 27 Nov to early Dec